Saturday, April 18, 2015

Day 208

You get so caught up in making a living that you forget to make a life. How often do we hear this? But do we really listen and pay attention to these words? Do we actually make the changes that we need to? Do we understand what this really means?

We get caught up in the day-to-day, working to get a paycheck to pay the bills, always focusing on that ‘next thing’. The next new car, the next holiday, the kitchen renovation, the new job, new partner…etc list goes on. That we forget to stop and think about what is most important to us. To every person this will be slightly different. 

The past week, I have thought about this a lot, as I haven’t managed to write my blog. I was reflecting a lot on what is important. You can say that something is important, but it is your actions that really speak volumes. I realized I am caught up working so hard to pay off some debts, that I forgot to enjoy life, to live in the moment. And as such things were lacking…Buddy, quality time with family, my friends etc.

So I made a conscious decision to change a few things. One being that I miss performing. So I have taken up singing and ukulele lessons again. Family – so I had a lovely dinner tonight and have the next one ‘booked in’. Friends – I have catch ups arranged and phone calls scheduled in.

It sounds a little like I am rostering out every minute of my life, but at the moment I am working so much, and can get caught up in working even more, that I need to schedule things in so they don’t get missed – until they become a habit. Once a habit, I won’t need to consciously do it.

What’s important to you? Do your actions match the level of importance?


…Until Tomorrow xox

No comments:

Post a Comment