Friday, May 22, 2015

Day 218


What I've noticed about motivation is that for some people it comes naturally, for others its really difficult. But something else I have noted, is when you have so much to get done in a day that you have no other choice but to get up and get start, you not only accomplish what you HAD to, but you start doing other tasks that you previously needed to...Like cleaning your sock drawer after a task-filled day! 


It's interesting to note that even people where motivation comes naturally they still will struggle, so what I've found useful - as I have never struggled for motivation - is to have a solid end goal in mind. What is it that you want to accomplish? How badly do you want it? You can do anything in the same hours of the day that anyone else can. Do you use them productively towards your end goal? 



Which leads me on to productivity. This I find so fascinating and when floundering for motivation, you have lost sight of your end goal. Which is why I always squeeze in at least 5 minutes a day to reflect on the day, and if I am closer to my goals because of what I have done in the day. Also, at times just resting is paramount to achieving your goals!!





For example, if your end goal is to own your own business, run a marathon and train your dog to fetch a beer out of the fridge and at the end of the day you realise you have spent 2 hours on your computer, 2 hours driving, 8hours at work, 1 hour cooking - are you any closer to any of those goals? Nope! But tomorrows a new day! You might reflect back and have done a 10km run, walked the dog and completed some training, worked 8hours, driven 2 hours, spent a productive hour on the computer researching and developing business strategies and sat down for a lovely meal with the family. Still the same amount of time - just used differently. 

How can you use your time differently to be a step closer to your goals??

...Until Tomorrow xox




No comments:

Post a Comment