Friday, July 3, 2015

Day 235


So, as you know yesterday I bought a bike. Wow. I never thought I would be so excited! Today I went for my first bike ride since my accident on a brand new bike! It was amazing on all accounts. I could ride. I rode for a whole HOUR! And it was easy because it fit me, and it was a road bike!

It's funny. I have been around 'bike' people before - previous partners, bosses, friends - but now that I have one of my very own - I finally understand what all of the fuss is about! I can't wait to climb on it again! 

In amoungst all of the excitement of riding a new comfy bike, I also need to be realistic. My body is not functioning at the best it can be and tonight when I did my 'physio' meditation I was quite aware of my chronic pain - neck, shoulder, knee foot. So I will need to take it slowly. Yet it is so nice to be able to get out and about and DO something that slightly resembles what I use to. 

Is my Megs' before accident world starting to be in reach? Or am I adapting and changing with possibilities? Either way it is nice to start to be more in control of those possibilities. I have been letting my pain take ahold and control me. Instead of acknowledging it, and finding a way around it. 

I was talking to my dad today, who is such an inspiration, he has arthritis in his lower back and a pinched nerve, so his leg feels like it is on fire every day. He also struggles to do tasks which he use to be able to do with ease. Yet he never complains and always has a laugh and a smile. It reminds me of what we have control of and what we don't. We can put a smile on our faces and see the joy in life. That is a choice we can make no matter the situation. 

What choice will you make tomorrow?

...Until Tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment