Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Day 200

I am listening to an interesting book at the moment called '1 minute manager' where one of the principals is that 80% of your productivity comes from 20% of your goals. So it suggests to keep your goals simple, and and measurable. It also talks about presenting a problem with a behavioural solution. 

So rather than whinging about something, highlight what you deem is a problem - say gossiping in the staff room might be mismanaged time and then a solution - say a structured break time. We all often fall into whinging or moaning or gossiping at some point, what I loved about what I was listening to today was that when you apply this principal, you are able to distance yourself from something that previously made you angry, and come up with a solution. 

This is something I will continue to try from now on. The other thing it was saying is 20% of your time produces 80% of your productivity. I believe this comes back to procrastination for the other 80% of your time! But most importantly, use the first 20% of your day (or 1.5hours) to get the work done that is TOP priority. Oooh, this comes back to the things I LOVE…To-do lists! 

So I am going to spend the first 10minutes of the day, prioritising my to-do list, and actively work to achieve the top items in the first 1.5hours of my working day. Mmm, I'm excited and interested with this, and can't wait to get started tomorrow!!

…Until Tomorrow xox


No comments:

Post a Comment