Sunday, March 22, 2015

Day 201

So I am continuing to read a highly motivating book "Think, and Grow Rich". The first thing, you need to do is set a goal. In any area of your life, change will not happen unless you have a definitive goal. i.e. I want to let go of some weight - how much? Or should you focus more on your fat percentage? Be specific!

Once you've set this goal, VISUALISE yourself having it. For many this sounds a little to abstract…but it happens! This really clicked into place the other day when I was talking to a few of my friends and I said "When I …." (I'll fill you in more when it happens). One of my friends scoffed and said "As if..!!" The other said "Yep, she'll definitely do it." Which got me onto thinking about other times in my life. Every time I have wanted to do something - I know I'm going to do it, and I do. Whenever I'm unsure, or say 'maybe' it never happens. FRAME OF MIND definitely impacts the success of a goal. 

So…
1. Define a specific goal
2. Break it down into smaller steps
3. Visualise yourself having it (the more emotion the better)
4. Use clear and concise language - When I…, I am… 
5. Tell as many people as you can - they will help to remind you what your goals are
6. Surround yourself with successful, positive people
7. Use any setbacks to fuel your fire
8. You never know how close you are to achieving your goal before you 'quit'

The other big one is, surround yourself with images and mantras of your goal. Ie if it was around finance. I will have an income of $10,000 a month by January 2016 by providing services in… and when I reach that income I will feel so relieved and excited to be able to pay for a holiday easily. (etc..)

The more you repeat this to yourself, the higher chance you'll make it happen!

Good luck with your goal setting! 

…Until Tomorrow xox

No comments:

Post a Comment