Monday, December 22, 2014

Day 158

I went along to my psychologist today and had a session which I mainly discussed my life at the moment. I was talking about how I felt like I had fallen back into old habits with work, work and more work…and no play. We discussed the importance of play - and how to get that. Some people get enjoyment from work others work for enough money to do what they enjoy outside of work. 


This I found really interesting because I have always felt that you 'should' have a career and LOVE your job. I am still trying to nut this concept out, but essentially you can work enough so you have the money to enjoy what you want to do. i.e. work as a checkout chick so that on weekends you can compete in triathlons around the world, knowing that your work in the supermarket will sustain you enough to do the training and travel that you need. 


The other thing that we discussed that I'll continue to explore more, is that you CAN do everything you want - just not all at once. One suggestion was to make a 5 year plan, block out every 6 months and add something new to it. First you need to brainstorm and work out all of the things you want to do, then put them in a hat and draw them out and allocate them. This will stop that overwhelming feeling of never having time to do what you want. 


What do you want to do? Learn a language? Sing in a band? Go rock climbing? …??? Allocate them and then you can have the peace of mind that you will do it - you will get to them. I am going to start a scrap book. Everything that I want to do will get two pages. Then whatever I am not doing I can gather information and put it in there for later. I'm excited about this, because rather than feeling overwhelmed and like I am not doing anything I can continue to have fun and keep trying new things! 

Hmm…time to get the butchers paper out…!!! :)

…Until Tomorrow xox



No comments:

Post a Comment