Sunday, November 9, 2014

Day 141


Distance. Space between you and someone you care about. Being apart. It's challenging. One of the reasons I moved back to the country 2 years ago was to be closer to my family, closer to the ones I love. Today I spent the day catching up. It feels like since I've started my return to work program after my accident everything 'normal' (like the housework, washing, Buddy, cleaning my car etc) has fallen by the wayside. Including seeing my family and friends. 


This afternoon I spent time with mum and dad. No 'restrictions' with my time. We had a cup of tea, played cards and nattered. THAT is what I moved here for. I realised tonight that I have fallen back into old habits of being 'busy' but not with the things that are most important to me. Like seeing mum and dad, last night I spent time with my sister. I feel so calm tonight - even though I still have a 'to-do' list for my businesses - I specifically CHOSE not to do anything on them today. 


That was a ginormous challenge. When you actively CHOOSE not to do something that comes naturally to you and you are a hard worker - NOT doing it is very conscious. And takes practice and disciplan. But more importantly is the time I got to spend with my family. My boyfriend lives 3 hours away. This is yet another huge challenge about distance from the ones you love. Tonight made me realise how hard this can be as he is unwell.

This made me reflect on the importance of seeing the ones you love when you can. Not leaving it for 'another day' or 'a day that's less busy'. What was interesting in my reflection was that when you live closer to someone, you seem to see them or spend quality time with them less than when you only see them for short periods. This is something I am to change in myself. I want to spend REGULAR quality time with the ones I love - no matter what the distance…


Do you spend quality time with your friends, family and loved ones? Or is your mind always on what you need to do next? 

…Until Tomorrow xox 



No comments:

Post a Comment