Thursday, November 13, 2014

Day 143

It's so important to find what works for you. What works as a motivation to get things done. What works to promote yourself. What works to keep your balance. Everything that you will do, will be different to the person next to you. It's so crucial to work it all out, so you can be the best version of yourself. 

I realised this week that I have fallen back into old habits - in regards to work. I was working hard, chasing my tail and not getting anywhere. What I wasn't doing was working smarter. I wrote about this earlier in the week. But for me, I really need to have some 'downtime' doing absolutely nothing, in order to be effective in work, relationships, family, friends, play etc. Or else I loose my passion and excitement and just 'go through the motions'. That is terrible for business (and relationships) - who wants to be around someone that just goes through the motions?!

You want to be around people that are positive, pick you up and are excited and passionate!!  So in order to continue to be excited, I have to do the things that I don't like to do as soon as they hit my to-do list (then they are done, I feel happy and relieved and I'm ready to focus on the things that I LOVE!) And also they don't then hang over your head and drag you down. Paperwork for me! I dislike it, so I have to do it as soon as I get it, or it sits there and continues to get shuffled onto the next days to-do list, and never gets done!!

How do you refill your cup? We need to do this daily to be able to maintain the lives we lead now - with all the stress, extra work, bills etc that are constantly growing. I know I love to do jigsaw puzzles, read my book, play with my dog and meditate. These are the things that get done after paperwork (so not often!!) but not after this week. Now my self-care and doing the things that recharge me get done first, so I am better equipped to work through the other stuff! 

Don't let others disappoint you - be your own reason to be happy. 

...Until Tomorrow xox

No comments:

Post a Comment