I love being excited by little things in life. Like having a sneaky unexpected nap. Having time to spend with the animals. Having uninterrupted 'me' time. Getting an unexpected phone call from a friend. Getting to see my boyfriend after he has been offshore for a week! Birthdays! Presents! Wow!
I love that excited, butterfly feeling that goes along with the thought of something that you love! Which started me thinking about how we don't appreciate the little things in life often enough. And so many good things happen in the course of the day. It's like keeping your grateful journal, making you aware of all the fun amazing things that happen daily. Even if you work a 12 hour day, I bet if you think back through the day, there will be a time that was a highlight. Something someone said. A funny meme. A phone call.
A few of my top tips:
- Surround yourself with positive quotes / images
- Take 5-10 minutes in the morning to breathe and get in touch with who you are
- Write! Write a journal - if that's too hard, write a grateful journal, write a blog - WRITE anything!!
- Surround yourself with like-minded positive people!
- Do something that makes you smile everyday.
- Allow yourself to get excited and happy by any and everything!
- Exercise daily
That's just the tip of the iceberg! Many more to come!
…Until Tomorrow xx