Saturday, January 24, 2015

Day 175

"Do what you love". Interesting concept. What I think is better is follow your heart and don't be afraid to try new things and let them go if they don't feel right. A bit of longer statement, but the concept is a bit deeper. Not all the time will you be able to 'do what you love' - as long as what you are doing is in-line with your belief's and morals then you can bide your time until you find the things you love.

I love SOOO many things, that often to do what I love would mean I was busy and doing something 24/7!! Balance is also so important. I don't LOVE stopping and being and reflecting - I am learning to like it, but it's difficult, and if given a choice I'd much rather be doing something! But finding a balance in all the key areas of your life is crucial. And is, I think the most difficult thing to master. 

How easy is it to be totally immersed in work, and forget to play - or forget to play with your dog, or exercise or eat healthy. There are 7 areas of your life that need to be in balance…I know I will feel out of whack and anxious if there isn't balance. I tend not to reassess them regularly enough, which is why I NEED to meditate and reflect daily. Things need to be done often to form a habit - once formed, it will be hard to break. 

WHat are the 7 areas:
1. Mental/learning/personal development
2. Vocational/career/business
3. Financial
4. Family
5. Social
6. Physical
7. Spiritual

So tonight as you read this, take a moment to reflect - are you in balance with the 7 areas of your life? If not, what are some changes you can make? 

…Until Tomorrow xox

No comments:

Post a Comment