Friday, October 3, 2014

Day 119

Some days the best thing you can do is relax and sleep!! Precisely what I did last night! Quality sleep is so important to daily functioning. And..like the party animal I am - pretty close to getting into bed now!!

I was thinking about sleep a lot today - mainly because as soon as I got up I wanted to go straight back to bed! What is it about today's lifestyle that makes us have more fitful sleep? Is it that 'busy' lifestyle? Where we are so much on the go that even when we are sleeping our bodies are thinking about tomorrow's to do list? Or is it the introduction of technology - the computer screens / phones lights setting our melatonin out of whack? Is it that there is too much to do and we stay up later and get up earlier? 


I think it is a combination of all of these things. As well as the inability to take time out for ourselves - allow ourselves to wind down. Take the pressure off doing and instead allow more of being. I found myself today getting wound up about a trivial matter, and even now when I am winding down to go to bed, it is racing around my head. So in order to effectively settle and make sure I get a proper rest I'll meditate before bed. 

It's funny. I wouldn't of thought that the topic of sleep would get me so intrigued!! And when I went to find quotes to attached to this blog a lot were "No one remembers the nights they had a good sleep" or "Sleep less, dream more" - which I find interesting as well. Your health starts to fail when you are deprived of sleep and I enjoy life and experiences much more when I have had a good sleep. We underestimated the power of a good sleep!
This is a better quote!
Sweet dreams…Until Tomorrow xox


No comments:

Post a Comment