Monday, October 27, 2014

Day 134

Saturday was a BIG day - a dog expo for my dog business, then an Nutrimetics fundraiser for breast cancer. (So much so I kept falling asleep whilst trying to write this!) What was interesting for me, was that I realised how hard it is for most people to accept help - even if they ask for it. 

I had the help on Saturday of so many beautiful and wonderful people, yet at the end of the day, all I felt was sad and guilty that I couldn't spend as much time with them as I could. Now having had a few days to reflect, the time and support they gave me was a GIFT to me. And like everything else, when you receive a gift you say thank you and you appreciate it, and leave it at that. 


It's challenging though, as a strong person, to accept that you need help and to ask someone for it. We want to be so strong to everyone all the time, which simply is not practical nor feasible. It's ok to need help, and often the ones that are least likely to ask, when they do ask you are more inclined to help and offer support. You realise that they only ever ask for it when they really need it. How do you ask for help though? Say it out loud and be clear with what you need. 

You will never receive what you are wanting, without asking for it. And if someone asks if you are ok, it is good to practice saying if you are not. Or if someone offers to give you a hand or help you, to accept gracefully. We don't need to be strong all the time. Or juggle a million things at once. Or do everything ourselves. It's ok to let someone assist us. And practice saying thank you gracefully without over doing it. (You don't want to scare them off from helping you next time!) 

…Until Tomorrow xox

No comments:

Post a Comment