It's interesting how initially when you want or need to let something or someone go, it hurts like crazy and is so incredibly hard to do it. Then one day you wake up and realise that everything you have done to let go has worked and you are at the beginning of your new chapter.
When we are in the process of letting something go - no matter how hard we try not to think about it, or we focus our energy on something else, we can't help but to think of it..ALL THE TIME! It's a bit like being told not to touch wet paint - we all have to see if it is wet, even if the sign says it is!! We waste so much of our energy pushing something away or resisting the fact that it is time to let something go, that it's no wonder we get so tired!
When faced with 'letting go' - and it happens so often - daily sometimes. I've learnt a few things that have been very helpful to me for letting go, and in life in general!
1. Sit with the feeling - it's ok to not be ok and to be feeling crap / angry / sad / devastated.
2. Look after yourself - you are the only one who will always be with you. Eat well and sleep enough, exercise physically and mentally.
3. Surround yourself with people that pick you up - don't be afraid to let go of the ones that drag you down.
4. Meditate. If that's too hard, sit still for 10minutes everyday.
5. Do ONE thing at a time - multi-tasking only means you are doing many things not very well. Being "busy" does not make you forget what you are letting go of.
6. Write a retrospective to do list at the end of the day.
7. When feeling overwhelmed, break it down into achievable steps.
8. The longer you put something off, the worse you will feel. Do it straight away, then cross it off the list. Things that hand over your head only weigh you down.
9. Reflect and be grateful of all the amazing things in your life - REGULARLY
10. Do things you wouldn't normally do.
11. Act like you are on holidays - even when you're not!!
12. Talk if you need to, but there is a time when you need to be silent.
13. Be open to meeting new people and learning new things.
14. Be in control of your own life - know where you are heading!
15. Say "YES"!
16. Laugh at yourself frequently