Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day 25




What did you learn today? 








I think everyday is an opportunity to learn something and if we open ourselves to learning we will grow and change! I guess that's where the saying "You learn something new everyday" comes in to effect. I just did some research and normally you say before it is "you know that old saying…" But what is interesting is I cannot find the origin or where the saying came from!!



I really think we do learn something new each day, however do we stop and acknowledge it? It's an interesting thought. How amazing would it be to stop and share what you learnt during the day with friends or family? We always ask children "What did you learn today?". But learning doesn't stop when we finish school. 


"I will only stop learning if life stops teaching" My motto.

I think that if you stop learning, you will stop to enjoy what you are doing. And you do see this frequently with people who have been in their jobs for a long time. Their passion has gone and they don't seem open to learning. 



There is research done on the benefits of learning - boosting your confidence, motivation, positivity and the best bit is lessening your chances of being affected by Alzheimer's or other mental illnesses. The interesting thing in my research is that most websites and people you talk to suggest that learning something needs to be a big change - such as learning a new language, or taking up a new hobby.






My opinion is that is fantastic if you have the ability to take up something new, but learning can be on a smaller scale. Reading something on the computer, talking to someone that has a different viewpoint to yours, reading the paper, listening to the radio, watching nature or animals. The opportunities are endless. And when you start to be open to learning you will see so many avenues to learn!! :) 


I learnt today that being positive and looking for the best in a situation will make things easier to bounce back if they don't go to plan, but it's also really important to remain realistic. So you can be positive but not naive. I also learnt from mum that Simon Baker has 2 kids! Hehe. See the things you learn don't necessarily need to be profound! 

…Until Tomorrow xox




Hehe! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment