Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Day 32

I had a tough day today. I like to see the positives and focus on them. I pride myself on being positive and happy so I tend to push away the negative emotions (sad, stressed, anxious, worried, frustrated, etc) and use energy to not recognise them.



What I realised today (with some help) is that yes, I am a positive person, however I also experience negative emotions - and that's ok. When I started to think about this more it's a bit like day/night..they go hand in hand. You can't have daylight without night time. You have negative emotions, but positive AT THE SAME TIME. You can never get rid of the negative (or positive) only accept they are both OPTIONS. If you are in the 'negative cycle' you can sit with it and accept it and choose to then jump onto the positive and move on. This can be straight away or you can sit with it for a day. 


It's interesting and difficult to allow yourself to be 'okay' with not being okay. But nice to realise that it's a feeling or emotion and it'll pass, if you don't resist it. 

There is so much out there about positive thinking and mantra's. But not much about accepting the other feelings that happen. As I have said before we are a whole. We are everything combined. Most importantly though..we are NOT our thoughts. They are thoughts…and most of the time we need to let them drift away. 

It's a really fascinating topic, and one I think we should all explore further..

…Until Tomorrow xox



1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you've had a rough day Megan. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

    Willow & Astro want to send cheering up tail wags & kisses to brighten your day! xxx

    ReplyDelete