Saturday, August 23, 2014

Day 84

This weekend has been fabulous. It's been spent spending time with my family. Ive seen my brother for the first time in ages and yesterday was a day that was entirely free. So we had a cuppa by the lake, the girls got together for some facials and makeovers, then we went out for dinner, then finished the night with another beautiful birthday cake! I am so grateful and lucky to have such a beautiful and loving family! :) 







My brother asked me over the weekend "what's your career?!" and I replied "My only career is to enjoy life". Sounds very abstract. But I feel it's true. I mean statistics say that we all will have at least 7 careers before our lifetime is over. So technically that's not a career if you change it, is it? It's a job. Now, I'm not saying that people who want a lifelong career in something aren't correct in wanting that. I'm saying for me, I now understand that I will probably never have that. I have the personality that wants to conintually try new things, explore and once I do something well, I want to have a go at something new. 





To enjoy life. After my accident I vowed not to think so much (yes, it can be a serious downfall) and if something were to fall into my lap, I would say yes instead of thinking if it was meant to be or not. I still get some anxiety around this - thinking (haha!) that if I say yes to everything my new balanced life will be over-run with doing 'things' instead of enjoyment. But I keep reminding myself that if it doesn't work out, it's ok to say so and let go. 




So tomorrow I am off to Mornington to pick up a dog for a beautiful company called "dogs for kids with disabilities" to begin his training, as hopefully an assistance dog. Buddy and I will have another dog living with us for around 6 weeks - and if all goes well we will continue to start a dogs training for awhile. Very exciting! 


So be adventurous..say yes..experience something new! 

…Until Tomorrow xox

No comments:

Post a Comment