Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 101

Do you ever have one of those days where everything is an effort? Your body just isn't quite feeling right, you start the day tired, finish it feeling like you've run a marathon when realistically you've only walked to/from the car? When nothing really goes wrong, but nothing really goes right either? It's almost a middle-ground day. One that you'll remember as not feeling on top of your game - if you remember it at all!


I had one of those days today. I feel a bit virusy / like I have a cold. I was exhausted and everything I have done today has felt like a GINORMOUS effort!! But I pushed through, I did a little more than I thought I would AND all the good things I've done on other days snuck in to make my day end on a positive note!

As you all may know, I have my own small dog training business. I have started training an autism assistance dog (for Dogs for Kids with Disabilities) which makes me smile, even on a crappy day. Buddy has sensed my off mode and has been ultra snuggly. I had a beautiful visit with mum. And a compliment about looking nice from the lady at the chemist. 


Please note: This is an image from the internet,
as I do not have permission to put a photo up of
Nascha. 
But my HUGEST highlight from the day was a story about Nascha, a dog I have been working closely with over the past few months. Nascha has some social anxiety and is uncomfortable with strangers and other dogs encroaching on her personal space. I have completed a 1:1 with the owners and Nascha has just graduated from Adult class. Her improvement has been AMAZING. She will no accept a treat from a stranger, and tolerated other dogs and people in her space. 

But most exciting for me, is her owners now have an understanding about her and her body language and are able to remove her out of situations she is uncomfortable in before she reacts. Beautiful stuff! A few weeks ago with her progress she made me cry, she had come such a long way. Then her owners tonight gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek and said 'thank you so much for all of your guidance' and many other nice things. 



It was so gorgeous to see the transformation from anxious, scared to take their dog anywhere owners, to happy confident and loving ones. 





I had big warm fuzzies and tonight I had that reinforcement that my passion is paying off and I am continuing to be able to help, educate and have an impact on others lives. I hope that you find this passion for yourself to make you want to continue to learn, grow and impact others lives in a positive and nurturing way! 


So next time you have a not-so-crash-hot day, don't write off the whole day - for it's only one aspect that's not going awesomely. If you continue to have and open mind and put one foot in front of the other - you never know what amazing experience lies just around the corner. 


…Until Tomorrow xox


No comments:

Post a Comment