Saturday, September 27, 2014

Day 114

I watched a movie last night called "The Fault in Our Stars". I admit that I have a difficult time remaining still and concentrating on a movie. So when this movie started I was a bit unsettled and talkative, and of course because I am a Hollywood writer I knew what the movie was about and what would happen. Then as the movie continued I got quieter and drawn in. 

I will not give anything away about the movie, except to say that it has a lovely storyline to reinforce what is important in life and that you never know what life is going to throw at you. This movie is one to watch if you need a good cry. I certainly had one. I didn't realise how much I had been holding myself together until I started to let go...then I couldn't stop! I've always felt it hard to cry - like it's only for the vulnerable and heaven forbid I am vulnerable!! 


Crying is a really cleansing and good way to get it all out and let it go. Sheesh it leaves you exhausted though! (and snotty!) I felt better for having a cry. Initially it was about the movie - that there are other people in the world that are experiencing crap that is worse than what you are going through. But then it moved onto everything that has happened this year. It felt good not to be strong for a little while. To allow myself to be upset and say 'this has been a challenging year'. To be vulnerable - I think we all need to be vulnerable at times. 


After the cry last night, today I have felt drained, but surprisingly much more motivated. I also have the inner strength and focus back. Allowing yourself to cry if you need to, rather than to surpress it, will allow you to move forward, rather than continue to dwell on the negative. Life will always throw you curveballs. It's not how you dodge them, but how you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and continue to move on. 


When did you last have a good cry? Be honest!! If it was awhile ago, hire our 'The Fault in Our Stars' and sit down with some malteasers, a bottle of water and a box of tissues, and allow yourself to be drawn into the movie! And then have some loving cuddles from the ones you love! :)

...Until Tomorrow xox

No comments:

Post a Comment