Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day 110

I was told again just today, how much of an impact my blogs have made on someone. It's so lovely to hear! I was also told that I am a good writer and should consider to do it for an income…

I'm not sure I could do that, at least at the moment, as I think it would take the enjoyment out of it, as there would be that perfectionist pressure on myself. That if it's not perfect then its not worth doing. Which is ridiculous…you definitely do not have to do something perfectly to get paid for it or to have fun with it! 

We do put immense pressure on ourselves to do something well. And I have noticed this a bit more when talking to people about the Nutrimetics opportunity. Most people are a bit scared and don't think it could work for them. But how do you know, unless you try something? And what do you loose if you try something, and it doesn't work? Not much, perhaps you'll learn a new way to look at yourself, a new skill or even make some mistakes and be able to learn from them. 

I was just discussing something this evening too, from a motivational speaker that I went to last year who said when you make a mistake or don't live up to your own high standards to say "Whoops, that's unlike me! I'll do it differently next time!". When you do that, you take ownership of the issue, learn from it (and handle it differently next time) AND be able to move on and stop beating yourself up. 

I know I've said these words many times before - but be kind and gentle with yourself. You are allowed to make mistakes, and successes come from making many mistakes. If you find yourself making the SAME mistake again and again, then it's time to stop and reflect as to why that is the case. Look and learn from it, then be able to move forward!

…Until Tomorrow xox

No comments:

Post a Comment