Sunday, September 28, 2014

Day 115

When I set out to write my blog (115days ago - if you can believe it!) I also wanted to incorporate giving someone a compliment everyday. Whilst most days drift past with passing compliments to strangers, some responses stick more in your mind then others. 


I was having a discussion the other day about how often we go through the motions and not know if we are impacting on anyone elses life, if we are doing a good job or if anyone is actually noticing what we are doing. I say this, not to seek compliments for myself - but for each of us to realise we're all in the same boat. If everyone noticed one thing about someone else each day, it would come full circle anyway. 

My friend is currently working a fulltime job and a part time business and has a husband and dogs..and is generally flat chat always doing something. She is so use to the daily jobs - she is fantastic at doing them, but often doesn't get any reinforcement for them. She said to me yesterday - I got a phone call from one of my downlines who called just to tell me I was doing a fantastic job! She said it carried her through the day with a smile on her face. 

How lovely to hear that - especially when you are doing what you love, not doing something for the accolades. I heard some feedback today about my blog - it made me all warm and fuzzy and smiley to think that my words are empowering others and are an enjoyment. :)

It's funny how much weight we put on the BIG accomplishments - such as finishing uni, getting engaged, birthdays, fathers/mothers day etc. But we forget to acknowledge the little steps along the way. It is also so easy to focus on what you aren't doing or what is negative about yourself or someone else. Ask yourself if in other areas of your life if you take the easy way? If not, why continue to do so with this? What if you look for the positive in the person or situation - change your habits! 

For example I had a big drive yesterday along a windy road. I was stuck behind a driver that couldn't pick his speed. (ie 60 to 80 to 100 to 90 to 60 etc) Initally I was getting a bit frustrated, aside from the fact it was annoying, it was also dangerous. I had allowed enough time to get to where I was going, so I sat back and realised the positive in the situation was that I could listen to another chapter in my talking book. 


Believe it or not, there is positives in every situation. It is sometimes harder to find them, especially dependent on our mood. Take a breath, and look at the situation from afar. Put a smile on your face and compliment someone. You may make there day a happier one, and you will feel better for doing so - rather than continuing to hold on to the negatives. 

...Until Tomorrow xox


* Apologies for the picture quotes - I'm still trying to figure out how to do it effectively on my iPad! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment